A Festival Celebrating India’s Cultural Dynamism (27 April – 18 May 2012)The Embassy of India in Israel and Teamwork Productions India are proud to present the second edition of “Celebrating India in Israel”, a festival of visual and performing arts. The Festival is a unique endeavor showcasing the wealth of India’s classical and contemporary cultural heritage including dance, theatre, music, food, film and visual arts during the 20th anniversary of establishment of full diplomatic relations between India & Israel.
- The Magic of the violin by world renowned violinist Dr. L Subramanium. See more
- Folk Music from Rajasthan performed by Rajasthan Josh. See more
- Bollywood Film Festival with a selection of Bollywood’s finest, recent and popular movies. See more The theatrical production Nothing like Lear, a modern day satire on Shakespeare’s classic play
staged in Gibberish. See more
- Words on Water – A Literary Festival of Indian and Israeli writers in Israel. This will include Vikas Swarup (author of Slum dog millionaire), Esther David, Devdutt Pattanaik and Arshia Sattar . See more
- Taste of India – Cuisine from South India. See more
- The wellbeing experience through free Yoga Workshops. See more
- Dance to the tunes of the Bollywood with Gilles Chuyen in the free Bollywood Dance Workshops. See more
The Festival of India provides audiences in Israel an occasion to engage with the cultural diversity of India’s heritage. This ambitious project co-produced by the Embassy of India in Israel and Teamwork productions will be staged from 27 April – 31 May, 2012.
For further details regarding the festival, please visit www.celebratingindiaisrael.com – the official website of the Festival